Visa Purchase Alerts
Visa Purchase Alerts is a service provided by Visa to send users real-time* alerts when purchases are made** with their Visa debit or credit card. You can keep tabs on your account to help you monitor and reduce fraudulent activity. This is a free service we provide to PGAFCU members.
Sign up today in three easy steps:
1. Check if your card is eligible***
2. Register your email and/or mobile device to receive Visa Purchase Alerts.
3. Choose the notification triggers that match your needs. You’ll get real-time* text or email alerts based on your selected criteria.
Once you enroll, you can establish trigger alerts:
- Individual transaction amount thresholds
- International transactions
- Purchases made online or over the phone (known as “card not present” transactions).
If you receive a message about a recent purchase you don’t recognize, you can contact us immediately.
*Actual time to receive a transaction alert is dependent on wireless service and coverage within area. Alerts service may not be available in all areas. Gasoline alerts may not include purchase amount. Account activity qualifying for Alert service may vary by issuer. Additional restrictions apply.
**A qualified transaction is any transaction routed through Visa.
© 2009 Visa. All Rights Reserved
EMV Chip Cards
The new EMV Chip card adds improved security and fraud protection with an embedded computer chip. This technology is already securing payment cards in more than 80 countries and is now being adopted as the card standard in the U.S.
PGAFCU has already made the switch to EMV Visa Debit/ATM cards. If you have a Visa Credit Card, you will be receiving an EMV Chip Credit Card in the month that your current card expires.
To learn more about the new smart card please click here for a short informational video. Note: This video link will take you to another website.
Contact us if you would like to order a Visa Debit/ATM card or Visa Credit Card.