Certificates of Deposit (CD) are a type of investment account that typically yields more interest than that of a money market or savings account. A CD account is created with a maturity date, which means you cannot withdraw money from the account until it reaches full maturity. If you do need to withdraw the money before the maturity date, you will have to pay a penalty fee.
Key Benefits of Certificate of Deposit Accounts
- offer several benefits to managing your savings and investments
- give you a chance to earn higher interest than a regular savings
- are protected by the NCUA
- earn you money quickly through compounded interest. This means you will continue to earn money on the principal plus interest throughout the growth period.
About PGAFCU Certificates of Deposit
- Must be a member of PGAFCU
- Minimum balance to open a CD is $1,000.00
- Cannot add to a CD until it reaches the maturity date.
- Notices of certificate renewal are mailed before the certificate matures. Once the CD is mature, you have a 10 day grace period to make changes before it is set for another term.
*Dividends accrued daily and paid quarterly. Additional deposits not allowed except at maturity. All certificates automatically renew unless specified otherwise.